Il senior designer di Star Wars: The Old Republic,
Austin Peckenpaugh, ha pubblicato sul forum ufficiale dell'MMO la lista dei cambiamenti in arrivo con l'aggiornamento 1.4.
"Con il Game Update 1.4, abbiamo voluto risolvere diversi problemi legati alle classi, tra cui il bilanciamento e la fruibilità. Tra questi ci sono migliorie per il controllo delle folle e per il il sistema Resolve". In calce trovate l'elenco completo delle modifiche che saranno apportate prossimamente.
- Electro Dart and Cryo Grenade now have a 10-meter range.
- Electrocute and Force Stun now have a 10-meter range.
- Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now
knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of
you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets
instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the
Ability Changes Mercenaries and Commandos:
- Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt,
Disabling Shot. This ability interrupts the target's current action and
prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds. This
ability can be trained at level 18.
- Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now
immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage
caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused
by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental
to the Mercenary/Commando's ability to further escape the attacker.
- Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel: Now each stack additionally reduces
the activation time of your next Healing Scan/Advanced Medical Probe by
20% per stack.
- Kolto Residue: Now additionally snares enemies struck by your Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb by 50% for 3 seconds.
- New Bodyguard/Combat Medic skill, Peacekeeper/Frontline Medic:
While protected by your own Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe, firing Rapid
Shots/Hammer Shot at an enemy triggers your Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe to
heal you on a separate 3-second rate limit.
Sorcerers and Sages:
- Force Speed now has a 20-second cooldown (down from 30) for all Consulars and Inquisitors.
- New Sorcerer/Sage ability, Unnatural Preservation/Force Mend:
Heal yourself for a moderate amount. Only usable on yourself. Instant,
costs no Force, 30-second cooldown. This ability is trainable at level
- Dark Resilience/Valiance: Now additionally increases the healing dealt by Unnatural Preservation/Force Mend by 15% per point.
- Fadeout/Egress has been redesigned. Now causes Force Speed to
remove all roots and snares and grant immunity to roots and snares for
- Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity now additionally grants immunity
to interrupts for the duration. Improved visual FX to demonstrate this
- Backlash/Kinetic Collapse: The incapacitation effect caused by this skill no longer breaks on damage.
Stealth Gameplay Adjustments Scoundrels and Operatives:
- Disappearing Act/Cloaking Screen now has a 2-minute cooldown.
- Energy Screen has been renamed to Ghost. Fight or Flight/Ghost:
Now this skill finishes the cooldown on Sneak when you exit stealth
mode. Furthermore, this skill allows Sneak to be used out of stealth
mode, increasing movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds. This skill still
removes the healing done and healing received penalty caused by
Disappearing Act/Cloaking Screen.
- Flee the Scene/Advanced Cloaking now additionally reduces the
cooldown of Sneak by 7.5 seconds per point. Now reduces the cooldown of
Disappearing Act/Cloaking Screen by 15 seconds per point (down from 30
seconds per point).
Shadows and Assassins:
- Force Cloak now has a 2 minute cooldown.
- Infiltration Tactics/Duplicity: Now when triggered, your next
Shadow Strike/Maul deals 30% more damage and costs 75% less Force. This
cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds, but each rank after the
first reduces this rate limit by 3 seconds.
- Celerity/Avoidance now additionally reduces the cooldown of Force Speed by 2.5 seconds per point.
- Masked Assault/Darkswell: Now additionally finishes the cooldown
of Blackout when you exit Stealth mode. In addition, Masked
Assault/Blackout causes Shadow's Respite/Dark Embrace to reduce all
damage taken by 25% while active.
- Fade now additionally reduces damage taken from area effects by
15% per point. Kinetic Field/Entropic Field no longer provides this
effect. Now reduces the cooldown of Force Cloak by 15 seconds per point
(down from 30 seconds per point).
- Kinetic Field/Entropic Field has been redesigned. Now critical
hits cause you to build a Kinetic/Entropic Field, increasing damage
reduction by 1% per point per stack. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Humbling Strike/Magnetism is a new 1-point skill. Causes the
target of your Spinning Kick/Spike to be slowed by 70% for 3 seconds
when the knockdown effect ends.
- Clairvoyant Strike/Voltaic Slash: Using Project/Shock no longer consumes the buff provided by this ability. This change was made to better synergize with Spinning Strike/Assassinate during execute phases.