Dolby Digital 5.1 e Dolby True HD per Playstation 3
Dolby Laboratories ha annunciato la compatibilità di Playstation 3 con i formati Dolby Digital 5.1 e Dolby True HD. Il primo verrà sfruttato dai giochi in uscita mentre il secondo sarà il formato audio utilizzato dai films su Blu-Ray Disc.
San Francisco, September 21, 2006—Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) announced today that the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) will support Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound for next-generation entertainment, including games and movie titles in the Blu-ray Disc format.
PLAYSTATION 3 will feature interactive Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound for games, Dolby Digital, and Dolby TrueHD for decoding up to 7.1 channels for Blu-ray movie playback.
This powerful combination of Dolby technologies allows people to enjoy movies and games in discrete multichannel surround sound on the tens of millions of audio/video receivers and home theater systems worldwide that are equipped with Dolby technology.
"The launch of PLAYSTATION 3 represents the next chapter of gaming and entertainment," said Izumi Kawanishi, Corporate Executive and Senior Vice President of Software Platform Development Division, SCEI. "Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital 5.1 complement the tremendous innovations delivered through PLAYSTATION 3, which offers the best possible high-definition entertainment experience."
"In the age of high definition, games need to look and sound better than ever before," said John Griffin, Marketing Director, Games, Dolby Laboratories. "Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital 5.1 will bring new levels of emotion and realism to movies and games. We think people will be amazed once they connect their PLAYSTATION 3 to an audio/video receiver or home theater system."
Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound and Dolby TrueHD will be supported with PLAYSTATION 3, which will be available in Japan on November 11, 2006 and in North America on November 17, 2006. For more information, visit www.dolby.com/games.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) develops and delivers products and technologies that make the entertainment experience more realistic and immersive. For four decades Dolby has been at the forefront of defining high-quality audio and surround sound in cinema, broadcast, home audio systems, cars, DVDs, headphones, games, televisions, and personal computers. Based in San Francisco with European headquarters in England, the company has entertainment industry liaison offices in New York and Los Angeles, and licensing liaison offices in London, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.
Certain statements in this press release, including statements regarding the performance, capabilities, impact and benefits of Dolby Digital and Dolby TrueHD technologies, the anticipated or potential benefits that Dolby customers may derive from these products and technologies, and the timing and availability of the PLAYSTATION 3, are "forward-looking statements" that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties, which could cause the forward-looking statements to differ materially from anticipated results, include, without limitation, risks that Dolby Digital and Dolby TrueHD may not perform as anticipated; risks associated with the market acceptance and adoption of surround sound technologies for video games, video game consoles and Blu-ray Disc format products; competition involving sound technologies in these products; rapid changes in surround sound technologies for these products; the development of industry standards for sound technologies in these products and the ability to have Dolby technologies adopted as industry standards therein; and other risks detailed in Dolby's Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including the risks identified under the section captioned "Risk Factors" in its Annual Report on Form 10-K and its most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. Dolby disclaims any obligation to update information contained in these forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. PLAYSTATION is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. S06/17552 DLB-G
Altri contenuti per Scheda PlayStation 3
- Sorpresa, Sony torna ad aggiornare il Firmware di PlayStation 3!
- PlayStation 3: arrivano i risarcimenti per la class action OtherOS
- Digital Foundry analizza la conferenza E3 2005 di PS3 con il famoso trailer di Killzone 2
- RPCS3 si aggiorna con il supporto per la risoluzione 4K
- PlayStation 3: Sony interrompe definitivamente la produzione in Giappone
Scheda PlayStation 3
Contenuti più Letti
- 6 commentiFortnite The End: ecco il video gameplay dell'evento che ha distrutto la mappa!
- 1 commentiFortnite: server in down programmato per l'introduzione della Stagione 11
- Fortnite: Epic Games pubblica un "nuovo" teaser a un giorno dal lancio della Stagione 11
- Fortnite, il gioco si prepara all'inizio della Stagione 11: questa sera l'evento The End
- 3 commentiFine di Fortnite: Epic Games cancella tutti i tweet ufficiali. In arrivo Fortnite 2?
- GameStop Sconti: nuove offerte su PS4, Dualshock 4, Xbox One S e X
- 34 commentiPS5 e la retrocompatibilità: un insider spiega che "è una console tra futuro e passato"
- 53 commentiPokémon Spada e Scudo: a spasso nella prima città di Galar in un video gameplay
- 5 commentiFortnite Stagione 11: spuntano dei misteriosi numeri attorno al buco nero
- 20 commentiNiente crack per Borderlands 3: un mese dopo il lancio, il DRM Denuvo continua a resistere